Old Campus (1)
This is a view of the Old Campus of Trinity College in downtown Hartford, looking west across Bushnell Park, ca. 1870. The College consisted of three buildings (left to right): Jarvis Hall dormitory, 1825-1878; Seabury Hall, 1825-1878; and Brownell Hall dormitory, 1845-ca. 1877. The College changed its name in 1845 from Washington College to Trinity College. It relocated to the Summit Campus in 1878. The view is from the visual collections in the Trinity College Archives located in the Watkinson Library.